Saturday, April 5, 2008

Redlands Stage 1: Beaumont

Today's stage was a 68 mile trek through and around the outskirts of Beaumont, California. We did four laps of a course that included flats and climbing on each lap. We drove the course yesterday and from the van, it seemed quite narrow and technical in places especially on the climbing sections yet our hopes were high for a big day. I wasn't as nervous today because I am part of the best team hands down. We are here in Beaumont to make our mark and I'm anxious, not nervous, about the magnitude of challenges we may face together today. I believe in my teammates and so this will be fun for sure. Here are Kat and I doing our best to relax before the race. I love these girls and I have plenty more to tell you about Beaumont.....later.....

No comments: