Saturday, March 20, 2010

I Love My Job!


One of my favorite things about being a professional cyclist is "paying it forward." Through all the years of blood, sweat and tears, I've gathered a wealth of knowledge about cycling, being a professional athlete and a few other things too. Every chance I get to pass along some of my knowledge, I jump! A few weeks ago, the young ladies from The Pine School in Hobe Sound, Florida, were my audience as together we celebrated Girls & Women in Sports Day. We talked about how sports has molded my life and reallly become a large part of my identity. Most of the girls that were in my audience happened to be athletes too and have participated or competed in many of the same sports as me so we had a lot in common! I remember being their age and how every experience was new and so exciting! I hope that the girls left inspired and motivated by my experiences because the girls of The Pine School definately inspired me with their enthusiasm!

No comments: